- Home /
- Coastal Passage Highlights
- Package TypeRail
- CATC Main AccommodationAccommodation in Canada
- Travel From15 May 2020
- Travel Until18 Sep 2020
- Package HighlightsAccommodation 7-night accommodationInclusion 3-day Rocky Mountaineer rail journey Inclusion Panoramic helicopter flight in the RockiesMeals Meals as per itineraryTour Banff tour including Banff GondolaTour Free time to explore Lake Louise & BanffTour Tour of VancouverTour Yoho National Park
Note: This Rocky Mountaineer package is no longer available for 2020. View our other Rocky Mountaineer packages.
Discover the best of Pacific Northwest and the Canadian Rockies with our fantastic, 7-day package. This itinerary takes you to the charming and vibrant coastal cities of Seattle and Vancouver. This trip also takes you to the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Explore the highlights of the Rockies including Kamloops, Lake Louise, Banff and Kananaskis. Your journey starts from Seattle, the largest city in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. If you have time, explore the city’s famous landmarks including the Space Needle, Kerry Park, Pioneer Square, Chinatown and the Pike Place Market. From Seattle, board the Rocky Mountaineer for Vancouver. Explore Vancouver, the largest city of British Columbia, with several tour options. Visit the city’s most popular tourist attractions including the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain, Stanley Park, Granville Island, Chinatown, Gastown, Coal Harbour, False Creek and the Howe Sound coastline. From Vancouver, continue your Rockies adventure to Kamloops where you will stay overnight. From Kamloops, proceed to the beautiful province of Alberta until you reach Lake Louise. Known for its turquoise lakes, Lake Louise is one of the highlights of your Canadian Rockies experience. Free time to explore this iconic lake on your own. Then, head to the scenic Yoho National Park and discover its natural wonders. Highlights include the Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake, Takkakaw Falls and Yoho Valley Road. After your tour, proceed to Banff, a picturesque town within the Banff National Park. Visit the town’s main interests including Bow Falls, Lake Minnewanka and Hoodoos. Cap off your Rockies adventure with a panoramic helicopter tour over the landscape of the Rockies.
2020 Departure Dates
May 15, 22, 29; Jun: 5, 12, 19, 26; July 3,10, 17, 24, & 31; August 7, 14, 21 & 28; September 4, 11 & 18
May 10, 17, 24 & 31; June 7, 14, 21 & 28; July 5, 12, 19 & 26; August 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30; September 6 & 30
- Rail journey aboard the Rocky Mountaineer
- Free time to explore Seattle
- Tour of Vancouver with various sightseeing options
- Discover the highlights of Lake Louise & Banff
- Tour of Yoho National Park
- Panoramic helicopter tour of the Rockies
- 7-night hotel accommodation
- 3 days onboard Rocky Mountaineer
- 3 breakfasts & 2 lunches
- Options of sightseeing tours in Vancouver
- Banff & Lake Louise
- Banff Gondola
- Yoho National Park
- Panoramic helicopter tour
Day 1, Seattle
Arrive in Seattle and spend time exploring Seattle’s waterfront, Chinatown, Pioneer Square, the sights of Pike Place Market, and/or the Space Needle on your own at leisure. Overnight in Seattle.
Day 2, Seattle – Vancouver
Take in the sights of Seattle you didn’t see yesterday before checking out from your hotel. A motor coach will transfer you (and your luggage) to King Street Station to check in for the first leg of your Rocky Mountaineer journey to Vancouver. After boarding, toast the rail voyage ahead and enjoy dinner onboard as you travel past the Chittenden Locks linking Puget Sound to Lakes Union and Washington as you wave goodbye to Seattle. Highlights include the fishing fleet (and Boeing jets) of Everett, the fields at the foot of the Cascade Mountains near Mount Vernon, sunset views of Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands beyond, and, after crossing the Canadian border, the community of White Rock as the train hugs the Pacific Coast and travels into Vancouver. On arrival in Vancouver, a motor coach will transfer you from Pacific Central Station to your nearby downtown hotel. Overnight in Vancouver. (D)
Day 3, Vancouver
Today, select your choice of one of four activity options:
- Enjoy a six-hour sightseeing tour of Vancouver’s spectacular North Shore. Travel across the Lions Gate Bridge and into the Coast Mountains. Experience the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Treetops Adventure, discovering the coastal temperate rainforest and British Columbia’s First Nations heritage. Next, visit Grouse Mountain (gondola admission included), the Peak of Vancouver, and take in breathtaking views of the city, ocean, and surrounding mountains. Includes hotel pick-up/drop-off transportation.
- Enjoy a five-hour guided cycling tour of Vancouver’s highlights, and experience the best of Vancouver food, history, ecology and culture while being active. The 23 km-ride takes in the seawall and rainforest of Stanley Park, English Bay, Granville Island (including the Aquabus ferry), False Creek, Chinatown, Gastown, and Coal Harbour. Includes helmet and bicycle rental. Please note: You must request to arrange appropriately-sized bicycles, and you will need to make their own way to/from 1344 Burrard St. for the tour.
- • British Columbia’s mild climate and unique geographic location, tucked between mountains and sea, provide the province with an abundance of amazing culinary bounty which guests will explore on this in-depth “Made in BC” Vancouver food tour on Granville Island. In the company of an experienced local chef or food writer (maximum six guests/docent), this 2.5-hour walk will get under the skin (or peel) of this fascinating and delicious world as intellectually curious guests tour the market, meet some of the local producers and taste their delicious wares. Please note: Include any dietary restrictions or allergies, and the docent will adapt accordingly, as there are several tastings of fish or seafood. You will need to make their own way to/from 126 Davie St. for the tour.
- • Experience the Howe Sound coast line from a 30 ft. rigid hull inflatable boat on a “Sea Safari”. With the refreshing sea mist in their faces, guests will take in the towering cliffs of Anvil Island, the seals at play at Pam Rocks, the caves of Bowen Island, and many more picturesque sights only seen from the water. Spend an unforgettable 2 hours cruising along the water’s surface, surrounded by BC’s unique Coastal Mountains, taking pictures with seals bathing in the sun, or cruising through the waves on our natural roller coaster. Includes hotel pick-up/drop-off transportation.
Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to explore Vancouver. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 4, Vancouver – Kamloops
Board the Rocky Mountaineer train at the Vancouver Station at 7:30 am PT. Travel from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia’s interior. On today’s journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC Interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Breakfast & lunch included onboard. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops between 6:00pm and 7:30 pm PT. Spend the evening exploring the city of Kamloops or relaxing in your hotel room. All hotels in Kamloops are of moderate standard: your hotel will be assigned post-booking. (B, L)
Day 5, Kamloops – Lake Louise
Board the Rocky Mountaineer train at the Kamloops Station at 6:25 am PT, to continue your journey east to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Travel across ranchlands, along rocky lakeshores, over high mountain passes and through the remarkable tunnels that form part of the rich rail history of the Canadian Rockies. Highlights include Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven, the climb over Rogers Pass, the Kicking Horse Canyon, the Spiral Tunnels and, the glaciers and snow-capped peaks of the Canadian Rockies. Your rail journey ends upon arrival in Lake Louise between 7:00 pm and 8:30 pm MT. (B, L)
Day 6, Lake Louise, Yoho National Park & Banff
This morning, you are free to explore beautiful Lake Louise on your own. After lunch, a half-day tour takes you into Yoho National Park to view some of its natural wonders. Among the attractions are the Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake and a natural rock bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River.
At the end of the tour you will be transferred to Banff. Overnight in Banff.
Note: While departure from The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will be approximately 2:00 p.m., scheduled checkout time is normally 12:00 p.m. Your luggage will be stored upon checkout and you are free to enjoy the amenities of the hotel before the tour departs.
Day 7, Banff – Calgary
Today, you will enjoy a full-day tour concluding in Calgary. Begin the morning with a sightseeing tour of Banff. Among the points of interest are Bow Falls, Lake Minnewanka, Surprise Corner and the Hoodoos. Banff Gondola included. Continue to Kananaskis for the highlight of today’s adventure, a 12-minute panoramic helicopter tour over the remarkable landscape of the Rockies. Overnight in Calgary.
Day 8, Departure
Your vacation ends upon checkout from your Calgary hotel.
Contact a Canada & Alaska Travel Specialist
Meet Your Canada & Alaska Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Enquire about this Package
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Canada & Alaska Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Canada & Alaska Specialists would love to help you out!